Wind, Tides, Daylight
Wind speed and direction
- FHC: Falmouth Harbour Commissioners have a weather station located on Black Rock which feeds into their website. It aims to provide the last six hours record of wind speed, gusts, air pressure and tidal height.
- Met Office: tracing its origins back to Admiral Robert FitzRoy, the Met Office creates forecasts based on more than 10 million weather observations each day.
- Metcheck: an altogether more chatty set of forecasts, with some interesting features.
- Synoptic Chart; for that retro feel. Create your very own forecast without the use of a supercomputer or seaweed.
- Weather Chart: more synoptic charts in cheerful black and white.
Local tidal information is available from the following sites. Members will find printed booklets in the Clubhouse covering the calendar year.
- EasyTide: from the UK Hydrographic Office.
- BBC; repeat of UKHO, but by default covering the next week.
- Tidetimes: covers the next week; also gives sunrise, sunset, moonrise and moonset. Note that unlike most other tide tables, they automatically adjust for BST.
- Sunrise & sunset for Falmouth. The site will also calculate moonrise and moonset.