In a normal year, we run three pursuits, one in the Spring (on a Saturday), one in September, jointly with Royal Cornwall Yacht Club (just across the Penryn River in Falmouth), and the Champagne series, run on Saturdays in October. The Joint pursuit runs at the end of the season in September, on Tuesday evenings and Friday evenings.
2020 is not a normal year, and in order to conform to the Government's regulations and advice we have commenced a series of pursuit races. It is not yet clear when, or whether these will give way to fleet races.
- Mylor Chandlery & Rigging Pursuit Series on Saturday June 13th, 20th, 27th and July 4th.
- Cockwells Pursuit Series on Tuesday June 16th, 23rd, 30th and July 7th.
- Skinners Pursuit Series 1 on Saturday July 11th, 18th, 25th and August 1st.
- Hine-Downing Pursuit Series 1 on Tuesday July 14th, 21st, 28th and August 4th.
- Falmouth Tyres Pursuit Series on Saturday August 8th & 22nd.
- Choak's Pasties Pursuit Series on Tuesday August 11th & 18th.
- Hine Downing Pursuit Series 2 on Tuesday August 25th, September 1st & 8th.
- Seven Stars Pursuit Series on Saturday August 29th & September 5th.
- Skinners Pursuit Series 2 on Saturday 12th, 19th & 26th.
- FSC/RCYC Joint Pursuit on Tuesday September 15th, Friday 18th, Tuesday 22th and Friday 25th.
- Penrose Sails Champagne series on Saturday October 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st.
For start times, follow the links above.
- To be added to the list of start times, contact with your YTC number.
- Start times for this series are based on the YTC number on the port list at the SWYTC site, at the start of the series.
- WS indicates white sail (no spinnaker). All races must be completed in the same configuration.
- Series normally start and finish on the Club line. But Tuesday evening races from August will start from a committee boat in the Roads.
- Course details are provided by VHF.
- Courses will be Race Officers' choice.
- Boats must sail through the turning gate (i.e. between the 6kn speed limit buoys) on the way to the finish.
- Finishers will be recorded as normal, but it is always helpful if competitors can note the identity of the boat immediately in front of them, and immediately behind.
- For two series only, Skinners 1 and Hine Downing 1, an adjustment will be applied to the start times of the following race for those who finish in the first or last three. The adjustments are +2:00, +1:30 and +1:00 minute for the first three and -2:00, -1:30 and -1:00 minute for the last three finishers. Start times will therefore change for some boats each week. It is essential that you check the website for your start time. The Race Office will be unable to assist you.
- One discard will be applied when four races are completed.
- The Club's SIs (2 and 16.1) require you to treat the imaginary line connecting the outermost mooring buoys as a continuous obstruction.
- It is strongly advised that, in the absence of safety RiB cover competitors ‘buddy up’ with one another and keep a look out for them during the race.
- Observe the Falmouth Harbour Commission's more stringent by-laws which require those of us with FHC moorings to sail directly to the fairway.
- Watch out for the website updates and/or email notification. If you have provided a mobile telephone number, we may contact you with a text message.
- Feedback, especially positive comments, welcome.