Progress in the last 12 months (to April 2020)
|Volunteer input equivalent to £70,000||ongoing|
|Charitable Incorporated Organisation status||achieved|
|New Constitution & Club Rules||approved|
|Ring-fenced project bank account||achieved|
|HMRC – Gift-Aid eligibility||achieved|
|Decision to adopt a Project Management Approach||approved|
|Support of the Royal Yachting Association||achieved|
|Sport England – preliminary grant offer of £75,000||achieved|
|Discussions with other major funding sources||ongoing|
|Developing a floating pontoon project||commenced|
|Lease Extension||active discussions|
Progress on the Building
- Finalised building design
- Revised internal layout
- External finishes and materials
- Technical matters e.g. air con
- Construction plans
- All will need final agreement of Cornwall Council + Landlord Consent
- Cost analysis & reduction process
- Club previously spent on £15,800 – Architects & planning application fees
- Current construction phase estimate is £430,000 (demolition to opening)
Currently a very fast moving picture. There are four main directions:
- Private Donations: Guy English leading
- Membership Donations: Gaye Slater, Dave Day & Mike Rangecroft
- In Kind Contributions: Chris Bell and Dave Owens
- Grant Applications: Ian & Jenny Jakeways (Bernard Sunley); Guy English (Postcode Lottery); Gaye Slater (Garfield Weston).
- Did scale back fundraising activities
- Kept construction commencement date under review
- Now accelerating again
We are now progressing (electronically) on the following:
- Clubhouse construction plans Approvals from Cornwall Council
- Satisfying Sport England requirements
- Fortnightly e-meetings of Development Group
- Applications to other charitable funding bodies
- Seeking donations from members and non-members
- Re-building fund-raising activities in these uncertain times
- Will continue investigations for pontoon project
- To remove / improve funding shortfall by 31st July 2020
- Key decisions at that point to enable:–
- To commence demolition no later than mid-October 2020
- To open new Clubhouse on Saturday 3rd April 2021 in time for FSC centenary, 2021
Who is Doing What
Finance & Development Group (meeting fortnightly) Project Overview, Development & Business Plan, consents, funding, grants & finance
Dave Owens (Chair), David Mitchell, Sue Clark, Barry Kelly, Gaye Slater, Peter Harvey, John Hick, Guy English.
Members Fundraising Group
Gaye Slater, Dave Day, Mike Rangecroft.
Building Group All elements of the design, costing and building process
Dave Owens, Chris Bell, David Mitchell, Peter Harvey.
Pontoon Group Developing the floating pontoon project
Dave Owens, Steve Walker, John Maunder.
The Floating Pontoon Idea
This project is at a very preliminary stage.
The idea was initiated originally by the Trefusis Estate, but is now FSC led. The plan would be to remove our current slipway and replace it with a floating pontoon/access bridge design going out into the river to below the spring low water mark giving all tide access.
Among other benefits, this would enable disabled access to the water.
Such a development would require multiple consents. Potential grant assistance discussions are commencing. This project will only proceed if grant funded.
But the new Clubhouse is the number 1 priority project.